Lilypie - Third Birthday

When toddlers attack

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Monkey no more

When we met Clara for the first time in May, she was already three weeks old but weighed less than 1700g.  We took her home four days later, just as she was nosing over the 1700 mark. 

Besides being amazed at how tiny she was, I was also struck by how... er... simian she looked.  Basically, she still had the look of a fetus clinging to her.  With her huge eyes and the way she would cling to the front of our shirts, she looked like a baby monkey in a National Geographic documentary.  I would nudge Adrian and just say "look" as I pulled up a picture on the internet:

Yes, I know orangutans aren't monkeys
"You're disgusting," was his stock reply.

Well, over the past two weeks, fleeting smiles have started to flicker over the girls' faces, and look at Clara now (I've already been tormenting my Facebook friends with this photo, but you all get it with the boogers at the corners of her eyes Photoshopped out):


You may all say "awwwwww."

12 comments:

  1. Your little monkey's a doll face!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww! I love the look in her eye's - I think she is thinking.... I am going to wrap my daddies around my little finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man she us just beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY Beautiful! and Fabulous eyes! Thank you for sharing her with us.... a total baby doll of loveliness. More pictures appreciated any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Seriously. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".
    She is the Queen of Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those side glances and smiles are the BEST!
    i'm seeing some pudge on that arm -- yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how many "w"s would you like me to include? She's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, indeed. Such beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete