Lilypie - Third Birthday

When toddlers attack

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Bon nadal

The morning is done... the gifts are open.  Last night's tamales are vanished and the turkey is preparing to go in the oven.
All baby-themed gifts.
Last night we told two more friends, our neighbors -- they also said they were thrilled, but didn't offer to babysit.  Pity, and they live so close...

My half-sister spent Christmas Eve and morning with us and just headed to LAX to fly to the Bay Area to spend the rest of the holiday with my other half-sister.  She knew about our India adventure and the purpose behind it, but didn't know we were expecting twins.  She said she's excited at the prospect of being an aunt again (my other sister's kids are just four years younger than me).  I offered to send the twins to stay with her in Manhattan for, oh, the next five years or so.  She said she doesn't want to be an aunt THAT badly.





Someone's had enough of the holidays...

Argos is quiet and subdued this morning.  We think he has a bread hangover after eating an entire loaf of sourdough destined for the turkey dressing.  Or maybe it's just that he knows I'm posting un-dobermanly photos of him.





Note the Californian touches
Wherever you're celebrating and whatever your celebrating, I hope this has been a happy and fulfilling holiday season, and I wish you the best for 2012.



2 comments:

  1. I love, love, the books! And Argos, of course...Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Argos, tell him I will make him a nice costume from my Christmas book, "Dress Your Dog Up.

    ReplyDelete