Lilypie - Third Birthday

When toddlers attack

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nuestros cuatro bichitos


Is it just me, or would this go well with cocktail sauce?

My breasts are increasing in size, looking bigger and feeling heavier. They have become quite tender to touch.


The nipples have changed, the areola (the darker skin around the nipple) darker in color and tingling.


I feel a bit low and irritable at times; this is largely due to the changing levels of hormones in my body.

I become very emotional or irrational at times and suffer from mood swings. I cry at things that had previously not affected me.

Okay.  Not really.
But maybe that's why I teared up watching "How to Train Your Dragon" on a recent flight.  Hey, along with all the above changes, that's what websites like familyeducation.com would have me believe, so that's the story I'll stick to. 

In general, I like that website -- it gives us a "Hey!  What are they doing NOW?" day-by-day look at our developing progeny.  But I have to ask:  do these websites not have any male readers?  Do straight dads not care about this stuff?  Couldn't they be a little more inclusive to their readers -- male and female -- who are going through surrogacy?  Oh well... I suppose we're still a tiny minority of the reproducing public.

In other news, according to these websites, our embies have gone from looking like shrimp or sea slugs, to lizards, and now look something like tiny aliens (with shrimp-like tails that make me think of olive oil and garlic).  They're about 12mm long, and Adrián has christened them "los bichos;" the bugs.

The results of our second scan were waiting when I opened the laptop this morning, before even getting out of bed.  We still have four bichos, all doing well:

The heartrates clock in at 150, 158, 160 and 160 -- like last time, three seem more or less the same and one lags a bit behind, but all seem strong.  Selective reduction in two weeks.  Yuck.

3 comments:

  1. "Selective reduction". Do you really have to?
    Always thinking of you two.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still cannot believe that you guys have four. I'm sure you are feeling the same way (x10)!

    And yes, I agree with these pregnancy websites...all geared towards women and no information for fathers, gay, straight, whatever. I see a business idea...hmmmm!?!?

    Two weeks is Thanksgiving time...sorry this has to happen during the holidays. But remember, you are truly lucky this worked the first time. So count your blessings... Hug, D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog very funny!!!! Please don't eat your babies, Lol!! Now seriously I wish you good luck. I think your very open posting about reductions, most people try not to talk about it, but I think it's good you are as it's not a very nice experience and one many people feel a lot of agony about. Best wishes !!

    ReplyDelete